Table of Contents
- Introducing Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Benefits of Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Home-made Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Parting Thought
Introducing Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Human bodies demand attention to stay healthy. Eating the right amount of proteins, healthy fats, and carbs keeps you top-shaped, especially if you are on a diet or burning calories doing gym workouts. How much protein do you need? The answer is that protein should fulfill about 10% to 35% of your daily calorie requirement. It is universally suggested that an average person should consume about 15 to 30 grams of protein in each meal. Remember! Studies show that eating more protein in one sitting higher than the recommended 15–30 grams, like more than 40 grams, won’t benefit you.
What if you could combine the fun with a useful protein treat?
Yes, I am talking about peanut butter or, to be exact, peanut butter protein bars. Peanut butter tops the protein-rich foods, consisting of about 25% protein. However, it has lower values of the essential amino acid methionine. You can get ready-made peanut butter protein bars or design your home-made ones.
Benefits of Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Let’s see why you should choose peanut butter protein bars over other protein sources.
Benefit 1: Promotion of muscular growth and repair
Protein bars promote muscle growth, tissue repair, and bone density. Combine it with your favorite peanut butter; you get an ideal protein combo.
Benefit 2: A nutrient rich snack for active lifestyle
Peanut butter protein bars make a great snack for dieters, athletes or anyone doing strenuous activities like jumping high exercises, as they are full of nutritious nutrients and provide the body with good energy from a healthy source.
Benefit 3: Peanut butter protein bars are deter unhealthy cravings
The high protein content of peanut butter keeps you full for a long time. When you feel full, you can avoid cravings by avoiding going for unhealthy snacks
Benefit 4: Easy and simple to prepare
- They make for a quick meal or a snack when you are in a hurry, like at breakfast time, or need a quick post-workout pick-me-up.
Home-made Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Ready-made Peanut Butter Protein Bars are great, but you may also go for no-bake home-made protein bars with peanut butter. Protein bars are expensive to buy over the long term! Why not make them yourself? You can store a no-bake peanut butter protein bar at room temperature, like a baked protein bar recipe.
You need basic ingredients and a few other items like a mixing bowl (preferably glass), parchment paper, and a square pan. If you love chocolate, adding it to Peanut Butter Protein Bars will take your treats to another mind-blowing level. You may go with vegan chocolate chips or a gluten-free recipe.
- Peanut Butter. You may choose a drippy one or a crunchy peanut butter.
- Oatmeal. Go for gluten-free oats to make bars safe from causing gluten allergy.
- Honey. Use it as a natural sweetness and for binding ingredients well together. Use maple or brown rice syrup instead of honey for vegan options, or add dates.
- Flaxseed. These are a great Omega-3 source.
- Protein Powder. Use two full scoops of your preferred protein powder brand. To avoid protein powder usage, you may use oatmeal protein cookies.
- Coconut Oil. It solidifies the protein bars.
- Chocolate Chips. Add chocolate chips if you love chocolate to get the perfect home-made peanut butter protein bars. You may add dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate for a stronger taste.
- Mix the three main ingredients of peanut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup or honey, as you like, in a big pot. Melt these ingredients and stir until it smooths over.
- Turn off the heat, remove the pot, and add oats, flaxseed, and protein powder to the mixture. Add cinnamon and salt for additional flavoring.
- Gently add the chocolate chips.
- Cool down the warm mixture by placing it in the refrigerator. It will prevent the chocolate in the mix from melting.
- Take a square pan and finely line it with parchment paper, then press this mixture evenly. Chill this until the bars become firm.
- Now, remove the bars from the pan and slice them equally into bars. Home-made delicious Peanut Butter Protein Bars are ready!
You may store the home-made Peanut Butter Protein Bars at room temperature for up to seven days or put them in the fridge. You should put the bars in an airtight container for freezing purposes. You may freeze them for up to 3 months.
Ready-made or home-made, there is no denying the fact that peanut butter protein Bars act as a brisk protein source, helping people maintain their weight while improving their muscle mass. The delicious treat also makes protein intake fun rather than a drab chore.